IICRR Deputy Director, Dr. Walt Kilroy was invited to speak at the graduation ceremony of the MA in Peace Studies at the University of Innsbruck, Austria on Friday July 8th. Along with Dr. Eamonn McConnon, also of the IICRR, Dr. Kilroy spent a week at the University of Innsbruck as part of the PESTUGE, Erasmus + funded project to establish MA programmes in Peace and Conflict Studies at four universities in the Republic of Georgia. Representatives from the four Georgian partner universities (Tbilisi State University, Caucasus University, Ilia State University, Sokhumi State University) participated in the diverse elements of the programme including online learning, eastern philosophies of peace, practical exercises with the Austrian military and understanding conflict through theatre. In his address Dr. Kilroy spoke about the wealth of experience both the IICRR and the University of Innsbruck possess on the study of peace and conflict, how this is contributing to the success of the PESTUGE project, and the importance of collaboration between our two institutions in the future.
- Online seminar with Prof. John Doyle (Dublin City University)
- Online seminar with Prof. Colin Harvey (Queen’s University Belfast)
- An Historic Northern Ireland Election
- Call for Papers: Political Power, Criminality and Conflict
- [Roundtable] The legacy of 9/11: Community policing in Ireland and Turkey