IICRR Deputy Director, Dr. Walt Kilroy was invited to speak at the graduation ceremony of the MA in Peace Studies at the University of Innsbruck, Austria on Friday July 8th. Along with Dr. Eamonn McConnon, also of the IICRR, Dr. Kilroy spent a week at the University of Innsbruck as part of the PESTUGE, Erasmus + funded project to establish MA programmes in Peace and Conflict Studies at four universities in the Republic of Georgia. Representatives from the four Georgian partner universities (Tbilisi State University, Caucasus University, Ilia State University, Sokhumi State University) participated in the diverse elements of the programme including online learning, eastern philosophies of peace, practical exercises with the Austrian military and understanding conflict through theatre. In his address Dr. Kilroy spoke about the wealth of experience both the IICRR and the University of Innsbruck possess on the study of peace and conflict, how this is contributing to the success of the PESTUGE project, and the importance of collaboration between our two institutions in the future.
- Political Power, Criminality and Conflict Conference – 16th September 2022
- Gender re-ordering and the Colombian peace agreement
- Explaining the different results in opinion polls on Irish unity
- The first time you flee war is hard, the second one is easier: a Ukrainian personal Odyssey
- Online seminar with Prof. John Doyle (Dublin City University)