Professor Maura Conway was presented with the 2017 President’s Research Award in Humanities and Social Sciences at a ceremony in the Helix on February 22nd. A leading authority in violent online political extremism, Professor Conway was recognised for her important contribution to the field of cyberterrorism research. DCU has benefitted through her publications, exceptional grant income and numerous external contributions. As she was participating in the International Studies Association conference in Baltimore, Professor Conway contributed to the ceremony via Skype. She delivered a presentation on the work of the VOX-Pol network of excellence on violent online extremism, and engaged in an in-depth discussion with the audience through a questions and answers session.
IICRR Lecturer Wins President’s Award for Research
- Online seminar with Prof. John Doyle (Dublin City University)
- Online seminar with Prof. Colin Harvey (Queen’s University Belfast)
- An Historic Northern Ireland Election
- Call for Papers: Political Power, Criminality and Conflict
- [Roundtable] The legacy of 9/11: Community policing in Ireland and Turkey