Professor Maura Conway was presented with the 2017 President’s Research Award in Humanities and Social Sciences at a ceremony in the Helix on February 22nd. A leading authority in violent online political extremism, Professor Conway was recognised for her important contribution to the field of cyberterrorism research. DCU has benefitted through her publications, exceptional grant income and numerous external contributions. As she was participating in the International Studies Association conference in Baltimore, Professor Conway contributed to the ceremony via Skype. She delivered a presentation on the work of the VOX-Pol network of excellence on violent online extremism, and engaged in an in-depth discussion with the audience through a questions and answers session.
IICRR Lecturer Wins President’s Award for Research
- Political Power, Criminality and Conflict Conference – 16th September 2022
- Gender re-ordering and the Colombian peace agreement
- Explaining the different results in opinion polls on Irish unity
- The first time you flee war is hard, the second one is easier: a Ukrainian personal Odyssey
- Online seminar with Prof. John Doyle (Dublin City University)